The Victorian Backgammon Association and its affiliates often run Backgammon tournaments. Below is information of the tournaments regularly on offer.
Note quarterly tournaments are currently not being run due to pandemic restrictions.
- Sometime each quarter, a special quarterly tournament is run
- Quarterly tournaments consist of 5 rounds
- All rounds are 9 point matches
- The doubling cube and Crawford rule are used
- Entry fee is $25. Free entries are not available
- Re-buys are $15
- Players making it to the quarter-finals win prize money
- The minimum first place prize payout is $300. How exciting!
- Match results go into the national ratings system
- You must abide by any rulings of the tournament directors.